Here is the Colored version of my Airi Rescue illustration. I’m uploading two versions. The second version has some static added to it to replicate the quality of a magazine print. One things I like in old anime are the glow effects they do with beams, so I wanted to incorporate that in this illustration. Adding some outer glow to the beam and adding some noise to the glow gave it a cool effect.
I want to convert this drawing to an anime frame at some point. You know, like those mid point frames when the anime had to go to commercials.
I actually had a version of this drawing ready to go, but I’m glad I never uploaded it. Since I had a chance to rest on it and reflect on what I could do with it, I ended up adding some new ideas to it which I think look better. Before it was a bit flat but now it now looks like a title page at the beginning of a chapter. The beam saber looked a bit bland too, so I added some outer glow to it and also some grain so that it blended roughly with the background. Clip Studio has some cool stuff to draw manga, but it also lacks in others which is why I like combining it with Photoshop. The only bad thing about that is that the screen tone layers get screwed up and I can’t edit them again. There are ways to just make a quick new layer to edit if necessary, but that’s a real pain if I have to do multiple.
I wanted to download a stars brush to do them quickly but I ended up just painting them by hand. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. I like that rough look to them that the real g pen from Clip Studio gives it. The font it self I ripped from the music video.
Here’s the music video by the way. It’s a really fun one, I love it:
This was originally drawn for Inktober 2022 day 21. Last time I uploaded a version that I photographed so I had to scan it before I got to work on it further. But I forgot to erase the pencil lines so I had a bit more work then I wanted right of the start. I wasn’t too sure how I wanted to add the screen tone so that was made up as I worked. The eyes of the original drawing were a bit off so I edited them a bit. Other than that, the whole drawing was kept almost in tact. Looking at it now, I’m so glad I don’t have to draw the surrounding effect lines by hand. Clip Studio is such a life saver.
There are so many drawings that I have left unfinished. This is one of them. The original line art had messy and thick lines that I had to fix. So I just went ahead and redid the whole line art using Clip Studio. There are a few additions and modifications. Next comes the painting process.
Speaking of painting, I feel like there are so many painting that I can redo now. But maybe I will wait it out till I have more skills…
I’ve had these inked and hatched Momochi drawings waiting for over a month, it is now time to finally upload them. Working with the line art, I also wanted the line art and inking to compliment each other. Somehow, less facial features works better. Once the details get too close to realism, certain facial features have to be drawn in a more realistic way otherwise it can make the face look off. I think playing with the line thicknesses can either help or hurt as well. I’ll have to experiment more to find out what works at certain times and what doesn’t.
Luckily there’s plenty of Momochi drawings I want to draw so I can practice more.
There are so many drawings of Momochi that I want to give a try. This waitress outfit is hella cute.
Currently I can only use my surface pro to create art. This will be a perfect test to see what flexibility it can give me. I love that I can use my fingers to resize and can tilt the whole tablet to change the orientation of the workspace physically so that I have a more intuitive experience when drawing and painting. It’s giving me flashbacks to when I was a kid and used to draw with a clipboard. The only problem is that I don’t have express keys, I’ll have to see if I can add them digitally otherwise I will buy an express keys controller.
Took me about three weeks… but I finally have the first pass of animating my drawing of Momochi in her “Ai no Dangan” outfit. There are a couple of things I need to still edit, I also feel that making it twice as fast will help. Then there is the whole stretching and compressing when Momochi moves to make it more dynamic. There’s still so much I have to learn.
I’ve had the idea of drawing a piece in different styles. After telling myself that I finally did it. It’s amazing how a couple of details can change the whole drawing. This is a good exercise to increase my skills and develop my style.