Managed to finish it. Went for a more anime look. I didn’t quite like the way last years version looked. Looking at it again though, I’m feel it just needs to be refined and it can look much better.
In any case, I wanted to just draw from memory this time to come up with the scenario and poses. I wanted the poses to be a bit more interesting. I debated on whether to have Goku swing from the awning by his tail or hanging by the counter (I of course went with the counter idea). As for Bulma I decided to have her ordering some food. I went for a pose that made it look like she was fidgeting and moving about due to the cold. I went with her outfit she used when they first met Oolong. Which is freaking cool and iconic. I just modified her socks to tights due to the weather.
This year has been something, but I feel grateful that I can still keep going and making my art. Hopefully you guys are doing well. Not much we can do but keep pushing forward. Here’s to a better year. Thank you everyone who has continuously looked at my work and liked it. I hope I can make more art that will bring some positive emotions in the future.
Airi recently released some photos of her as a Santa that I found both cute and fun, so I had the idea of making a painting using that idea.
I’ve been working on this painting for a couple of days now. I first drew the line art with a combination of my brush and my g pen for Airi’s base body, not including her clothes. I did this because I feel I make clothes look to stiff with the pen. For the background I used a lighter mixture of my ink while Airi herself was inked using a more concentrated ink mixture.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been playing around with the shortcut keys I feel I need most to make paintings more efficiently. I’m really glad I did because it made the painting process flow much smoother. The painting was much brighter but I feel this darker amber atmosphere fits the scene a whole lot better.
Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Holidays! I think I’m going to take a three day break and just chill for a while. Hope you guys have a great time.
As were getting closer to Christmas I felt that I should make some paintings to fit the season. At this point painting Fubuki and Tatsumaki has become somewhat a tradition so why not continue. I didn’t have a plan starting out but it eventually morphed into the sisters sitting in a staircase. I had the idea of having hats/ head pieces but decided to paint them at the end. This worked out well because I could have two versions, one wearing hats and one without.
This is the painted version of the drawing I made for Inktober 2021 day 04. I still wonder if I should have changed Chizuru’s expression to that of a more serious one. But surely she has fun playing around with Iori and Kyo.
For the painting of Miyabi in her maid outfit I used a couple of references for the pose, one of them happened to be of Miyabi in her outfit for the Hello Project Winter 2019 Concert. I really loved the pose, the dress and the crown working together to make Miyabi look so beautiful. This time I wanted to hatch and cross hatch. The line art itself was done with my g pen and the hatching was done with my maru pen.
I recently talked about how my monitors were not calibrated correctly so my colors and values were off. I’m going back and trying to fix some of the previous paintings I have done. Miyabi dressed as a maid is of course one of those paintings.
A redo of painting I did back in March 2020. I only did a couple of touch ups of the background and changed some of the lighting and color. The main changes were made to Terry in terms of the values and hues. The main part I mainly spent repainting were his arms.
The original version was uploaded back in November 2020, but I feel that it was lacking. I now feel a bit more confident to go back to it and update it with my current skills. Not only did I change some colors but I changed the sleeves and chest area. The background was also touched up. The right eye (what appears to us as the left eye) was drawn too far down the face so Athena looked a bit deformed. Aside from that, I also changed the gaze so it appeared that she was looking at us. I should seriously actually render paintings more, I’ve been leaving them too rough.
Original can be seen here:
Aside from seeing the original piece, you can learn what inspired me for this particular painting.